Saturday, May 9, 2015

Had to Take a Look in the Mirror

It's hard for me to continue to bite my tongue when my mind has so much to say
Not that I desire to be rude or disrespectful, but I demand to be respected
I've taken so much in my life to keep allowing people to treat me a certain way
I look at how a close relative of mine, allows people to run over her, talk bad to her, and blatantly disrespect her and she just takes it ..
I've found myself fallin in those same patterns .. same routines.. same cycle
it has to stop with me. it has stop somewhere
I've come to realize, no matter what I say to someone, no matter what action I take, it does have a consequence
But allowing disrespect and permitting others to believe that's okay, that can't happen
if I can't stand on my own feet, why do I walk?
why do I have a mouth, if I don't talk?
what's the point in having a voice, if I don't speak up?
It's been long enough
it's overtime to reveal myself
not for anyone else, but for myself
I am who I am
God has made me this way, and he had made no mistakes
He has made me to be the child he wants me to be
He doesn't want me to hide myself from the world 
He doesn't want me to shield my heart from those who earn it
He wants me to shine like the light as the sun on the world
Provide a different understanding 
But first I must understand me
I must know me
I must know what I will and will not accept
What I like and don't like
What I want and what I don't need
In order for me to help the world, I must help the Woman in the Mirror who smiles back at me ..

No comments:

Post a Comment