Wednesday, October 21, 2015

I Looked for Chocolate, I Found Something More


Most mornings when I come into work, I stop by the vending machine to buy a Snicker's Bar. Now, chocolate is the only thing that keeps me awake during the day after I eat my breakfast in the morning and before my break for lunch.

I'm not a morning person. I'm not a fan of coffee.

But, this particular morning, the Vendor Person didn't grace the machine with my lovable Snicker's Bars. I needed to get my chocolate in any way I could to help me survive this day's challenges. So, I decided to satisfy my need with my next favorite, Peanut M&M's.

When I opened the bag, the strangest thing happened. Only the colors, yellow, brown, and orange M&M's filled the bag, along with my eyes, with chocolately tempation. All of a sudden, and I'm not sure why, but I felt like I was then the Lucky Winner of a Worldwide Contest M&M's was having; that whoever found their bag only filled with Halloween colors, (yellow, brown, and orange, and maybe green to differentiate from the already Peanut BUTTER version) would be the Winner.

Maybe a lump sum of money, maybe a lump sum of M&M's, who knows?

Before I proceeded on a never-ending quest for confirmation of a contest that only existed in my thoughts, I asked myself, "Why didn't they come up with this idea for the 'candy' season?" I know before they held a contest for whoever located the ALL BROWN BAG, and they've made it a convenience for M&M lovers to customize the "M" and replace it with their own words, but I'm not familiar with anything recent other than that?

My idea is that they should do something of such sorts for different holidays as well, i.e., Christmas, Valentine's Day, 4th of July. I think that would be pretty cool and just another method they could use to boost their already loving product. However, it should start with Halloween, in my opinion, seeing as how they generally are a Candy Market.

With my recent studies, it's helping me to look at things differently. And with the absence of my everyday chocolate, it helped to substitute for something more.
Sometimes you can come across ideas in the places you wouldn't think to look for them, no matter how accidental.


So what do you think???
If M&M's held a contest for whoever found their "Halloween Bag", would you be apt to buy more quantities in hopes of winning that lump sum of money? Or would you think it another failed attempt in trying to sell a candy most people already love buying?

No comments:

Post a Comment